Blossom & Browne's Sycamore Laundry maintains a responsible attitude towards the environment and the impact of the business on it. This includes the safeguarding of existing environmental performance as well as being responsive to opportunities for continual improvement. To help drive this, an Environmental Management System (EMS) certified to an ISO 14001 standard is in place. This provides a framework for establishing and reviewing annual targets and objectives.
In particular, the business is committed to:
- The protection of the environment, including prevention of pollution implied through efficient working practices, good plant maintenance and correct process design and execution.
- Adopting a company transport strategy which minimises environmental impact as far as possible by efficient logistics, good vehicle maintenance, eco-driving policy and monitoring and replacement schedules with focus on ULEV vehicles.
- Adhering to our procurement procedures which specifically include assessing the environmental implications and potential of products purchased as well as efficiency and technological advances.
- Remaining informed and aware of the life cycle or "cradle to the grave" attributes and implications of business commodities, products, packaging and equipment.
- Keep up to date with the spirit and commitments of our compliance obligations including environmental legislation, regulations and codes of practice.
- Considering environmental impacts and opportunities in all our operations, including; energy use, transport, waste disposal, water and chemicals.
View this policy, signed by our Managing Director here.
Request a Brochure & CallBack
If you would like to find out more about Blossom & Browne's Sycamore please request a copy of our company brochure or talk to one of our experts.